How to make this grilled eggplant:
· Slice eggplant ¼-1/2 “, lay slices out on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels, sprinkle with salt and cover tops with paper towels
· Let it sit for an hour or so allowing the water to be soaked up into the towels
· Mix together 2 Tbs avocado or olive oil, 1 tsp each of oregano, herbs de Provence and any mixture of herbs you like ( I sometimes use basil, parsley, thyme) Whatever you like.
· Brush them in a mixture of olive oil, herbs and garlic which helps stop them from drying out when grilled.
· Grill for approximately 6 minutes per side until golden in color with grill marks.
· Flip once so that both sides are coated before transferring to a serving platter. The eggplant can be enjoyed hot or at room temperature and will last for up to 4 days in the fridge.