· 1-14oz package white button stuffing mushrooms (about 9 mushrooms)
· ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
· 1 cup fresh basil, packed
· 1 cup spinach, packed
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 2 tsp lemon juice
· ¼ tsp salt
· ¼ cup your favorite hummus (I used Roasted Garlic Hummus)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Arrange walnuts on a lined baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden and fragrant.
3. Meanwhile, wipe dirt of mushrooms with a damp cloth. Carefully remove the stems.
4. Dump walnuts into bowl of a large food processor. Place mushrooms hole side up on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pulse walnuts until finely chopped. Add basil, spinach, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Use a spatula to scrap down the sides. Add hummus and blend until fully combined.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into center of mushrooms. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Serve warm.