This was so flavorful and tasted just like pulled pork or chicken but it's plant based so super healthy and way less fat and calories! I put them on a low carb wrap instead of slider buns. But either way, tastes great! Try it!
· 2 20 oz cans jackfruit in brine drained and sliced
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 2 cloves garlic
· 1 Tbs chili powder
· ½ low sugar barbeque sauce (I like primal kitchen)
· 2 Tbs cider vinegar
· 1 Tbs pure maple syrup
· ½ tsp sriracha
· 1 8 oz package coleslaw mix (2 cups)
· 1 cup fresh snow pea pods trimmed and cut lengthwise into strips
· ¼ c chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)
· Whole wheat buns or toast points or a low carb wrap
· In 10 inch skillet spray with olive oil mister or use 1 Tbs olive oil, add jackfruit, onion and garlic and cook 8 min until tender, stirring occasionally.
· Add chili powder, cook and stir 1 min more. Stir in barbeque sauce, heat through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
· For slaw, whisk together 1 Tbs oil, vinegar, maple syrup, sriracha. Add cole slaw mix, pea pods and peanuts, toss to coat. Serve on buns or toast.